Sunday, December 16, 2018
Wednesday, November 28, 2018
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
We learned a lot during our pumpkin investigation this week.
We read the book Pumpkin, Pumpkin.
We guessed how many seeds were in our pumpkin.
We learned that pumpkins float!
Our pumpkin weighed 28 pounds!
We discovered 751 seeds in our pumpkin. We organized the seeds in groups of 10, then in groups of 100.
We made guesses about the circumference of our pumpkin after we gave it a hug.
We found out our pumpkin had a circumference of 37 inches. Some of us made guesses that were too long, some were too short. Molly and Eli made guesses that were just about right.
It was a fun day of learning!
Monday, October 1, 2018
Thursday, August 30, 2018
Well, our first week is fast coming to a completion. Mrs. Haag asked the first grade students what their favorite things were about first grade. Here are some of their answers. Have a great long Labor Day Weekend!
The Number Card game
Being with my friends and playing
Friday, August 10, 2018
I'll see you at Back to School Night on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:00 pm-7:00 pm
If I don't see you then, I'll see you when I make my home visit! I can't wait to have you in my class. It will be a great year!
Thursday, May 17, 2018
We are excited to go to our track and field event in Elk River on Friday! Remember to dress for the weather, wear tennis shoes, put on sunscreen and bring a cold lunch with something to drink. Also bring a water bottle as it will be hot tomorrow!
Last Two Weeks of School!
No more Homework (no memory work, no decodable books, but keep on reading and taking AR tests! Last day for AR tests is May 30.)
Tuesday May 29 or before, Bring in 1 Brown Grocery Bag!
Wednesday, May 30 one bag of school stuff will come home.
Thursday May 31, the left over stuff will come home in school your child’s school bag.
For your information:
· Monday, May 29: No School Memorial Day
· Tuesday, May 29: School Resumes; Bring in 1 Brown Grocery Bag!
· Wednesday, May 30: A bag of school supplies and art projects will come home, if you forgot the brown bag on Tuesday; bring it in today, Wednesday!
· Wednesday, May 30: Last Day to take AR tests.
· Thursday, May 30: 7:00 pm Closing Service/8th grade graduation. This is our final concert time during the closing service. Please meet in the classroom no later than 6:45; however you may want to come earlier to find a place to sit in the church. After the Closing Service/Graduation you may pick up your child in the narthex by the church mailboxes, we will not return to the classroom
· Friday, June 1: Last day of school. Bring your school bag, so awards and report cards can go into the bag! It is a ½ day with awards and handing out of report cards in the classroom, family group activity, picnic lunch at 11:00 am and dismissal at 11:30. There will be no Osseo bussing going home on this day. Parents should pick up their children from school by 11:30 am. Grilled hot dogs, buns, watermelon, assorted chips, cookie and lemonade will be available for lunch on the last day of school for free! Thank you Mr. Glock! You could bring your own cold lunch with a drink if you prefer.
Last Day Schedule: Bring Your School Bag!
§ 7:45-8:30 Classroom Activity with awards, report cards and a jumping into 2nd grade ceremony.
§ 8:30-9:00 Devotions in the gym
§ 9:00-11:00 Outside Family Group Activities planned by the staff
§ 11:00-11:30 Lunch
§ 11:30 Dismissal: Please check your child out with Mrs. Volberding before leaving for the day.
§ Have a Blessed Summer!
763-420-2426 ext. 14 school
at May 17, 2018